Follow by Email

Thursday, 9 October 2014

Nude Lips For Darker Skin Tones

There is nothing worse than buying a 'nude' lipstick which makes your lips look like you've gone through 3 sets of winters without moisturising.  Unfortunately, I have seen many girls walking around with that 'ashy' lip look, probably thinking they have secured themselves the most amazing nude lip.  I personally sympathise with these girls because there is a great difficulty in finding nude lipstick for darker skin tones and hence why I have kept away from them.

However, I realised that I really needed something neutral for work, especially on those days where I have to be in Court.  For office days, I have been experimenting with either a subtle pink or even Spice It Up by MAC (mixed with the subtle pink, so it's not so 'out there') but lately I have been feeling like I really need to get my hands on something that screams effort, but without the effort.

After some research via Youtube, I compiled a list of colours I thought would suit me.  After a quick consultation with the MUA, I decided on ' Fresh Brew', which has a lustre finish.  I would describe the colour as coffee for the lips.



As you can see, it gives my lips a glazed look, with a little bit of colour. Nothing too extreme or too out there.

I shall be making a video showcasing my favourite MAC lipsticks and it will feature Fresh Brew.  What's your favourite nude lipstick?

Just so you know, I got this item because I backed to MAC some old and empty products.  In the UK, if you return 6, full sized empty or old products to MAC, you will receive a free lipstick - hurrah!

Dawn xx



2 comments:

  1. You may also like MAC Touch. It's a bit darker and more opaque, but GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave is verve its a great nude colour that I also feel will match your tone.

    ReplyDelete